My principal place of residence is within the Capital and Coast District Health Board area.
I am committed to improving equity and access to health services for all sections of our community. Fixing the grievous position of our services requires not just money but improved governance and accountability of DHBs and supporting committed and motivated DHB staff.
My financial management and governance experience will assist the DHB in negotiations with government and setting realistic plans and monitoring their implementation.
- I graduated in accounting and economics from Victoria University.
- My international work includes seven years as Financial Management Advisor at the World Bank.
Since my return to NZ in 2006
- I have been Chair of the Tertiary Education Commission, a director of Meridian Energy and a board member of the Auckland City Mission.
- I chaired the Commission of Inquiry into local government rates and was a member of the Royal Commission on Auckland Governance.
- In my youth I was a member of the Wellington City Council.